This section goes over the main aspects of APK Inspector for use in malware analysis. Essentially, APK Inspector is used to define the scope of static analysis.
- Obtain desired APK File
- See Best Practice for Organization to organize the contents
- Open APK Inspector via the Desktop Icon (Select "Run in Terminal" option)
- Go to File -> New and navigate to the APK file location
- Click Open. Please wait while APK Inspector loads the file
- On the SideView window within APK Inspector, navigate to the APKInfo tab. This tab contains great information to establish the scope of the analysis without putting a device/emulator at risk